The Xigmatek Red Scorpion S1283
Since I have both versions of the S1283 here, I can tell you that the Red Scorpion version is a little different than the standard black fan variant aside from the LED fan. The RS uses nickel covered heat pipes while the standard are just copper. The coating will keep the pipes free of oxidation and looking fresh for years to come.
Here we get a little better look at the three heat pipes and the 25mm width of the cooler. Better cooling could be achieved with a thicker fin area but would require more pressure for the fan.
Here we see the cooler with the fan installed.
I really like the way Xigmatek mounts their fans to the heat sinks. The rubber attachment keeps the fan isolated from the fins and eliminates any vibration and extra noise.
From the front with the fan installed we see that the cable Xigmatek uses is long enough to connect to any of the motherboards onboard fan headers and is the 4-pin PWM design.
The money shot for the Red Scorpion; here we see the Heat Pipe Direct Touch surface. The surface is ground smooth to the touch, but as you can see, there are some machine marks visible.
From the top we see that the heat pipes favour the fan side of the fins for a little extra cooling efficiency.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Red Scorpion S1283]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni