Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Right off the bat, the biggest specification that stands out to me is the fans' RPM rating. With a max of 1500 RPM, the Xigmatek RS S1283 reaches full speed where many fans park their low setting. On paper this will lead a few enthusiasts to believe the cooler is destined for the low power mainstream processors, but that is where Heat-Pipe Direct Touch comes in to spice things up.
HDT is the new buzzword going around thermal engineers and enthusiasts right now. The Red Scorpion S1283 has three heat pipes that follow the traditional path, U shaped, from fin to base and back to fin, but with a twist. Instead of putting a plate between the pipes and the CPU, the bottom plate has been removed. This eliminates a barrier for heat to pass through before being released by the passing air from the fan.
Newegg lists the Red Scorpion S1283 as the HDT-RS1283 and lists the cost as 39.99. We are starting to get a good run going in this price range. ZEROtherm, Nexus, SilenX and several others have released products in this price range in the last couple of months, so the market is getting a little saturated. That said, many companies are looking to get a leg up on the competition and the products being offered are actually now competing with the performance of coolers costing twice the price.
Aside from Newegg, I was able to find Xigmatek products available at many e-tail locations, but the retail side is still pretty slim. As the Xigmatek name grows, more retail outfits are sure to pick up the brand. But like everything else, time will tell the full story.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Red Scorpion S1283]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Sony tells users not to upgrade to Windows 10
- Increase in card use ensures China's payment fraud rises
- Arrests conducted in Britain over malware-assisting website
- Multiple University staff injure themselves due to texting and walking
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED