The Osiris comes in two color choices, silver and black. Our test model comes in flashing the lighter color choice and presents a very nice physical appearance. As noted in our introduction, it is a mid-tower design so does not give the impression of wanting to need a room for itself due to a large footprint.
As far as size is concerned, this box measures in at roughly 200mm (W) x 525mm (D) x 450mm (H). This gives a nice sized enclosure without being too much for many users. The aluminum material used is a military grade alloy and has a brushed finish.
The upper portion of this enclosure features space for up to five optical drives. For those who still make use of an externally accessible device, the bottom drive bay includes a conversion plate included that allows you to have this if needed.
The top two bays also include hide-away drive covers that have a spring loaded plate that hides off-colored drives but still allows normal use of your optical drive. The cover plate is compatible with all industry standard CD/DVD drives and makes it easy to hide a dark colored front bezel on your drive.
Towards the bottom of the front bezel is a vent that allows fresh, cool air to enter the case. While internal fans are a great addition, they don't accomplish a whole lot when they don't have a fresh intake of cool air. It is good to see common sense prevail in the overall cooling design.
For those who wanted a closer look at the upper logo, here you go. Since I won't even pretend to understand Egyptian hieroglyphics, I will leave it up to the reader to decide if it is an accurate depiction of the namesake.
Moving to the top panel brings us to the front I/O ports. This is also the location of the power and reset buttons. Not only does this make for a cleaner looking front bezel, it also allows easier access to the I/O ports. Included in the panel are the usual suspects of a microphone, headphone and a couple of USB ports. Also included you will find a line in port and an externally accessible eSATA port.
The side panel is kind of a mixture between two of the most popular design layouts; mesh and window. You get a full sized Plexiglas window that has a mesh look to it. This gives you the nice looking side panel but with the better cooling capabilities of a solid window.
Finishing up our tour of the external portion of the Osiris brings us around to the back side of the box. It has the same brushed aluminum finish and is pretty standard in design with one notable exception; the positioning of the power supply at the bottom of the enclosure. This standardized layout allows the Osiris to be compatible with ITX, mATX and ATX motherboards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20