GIGABYTE's portfolio of motherboards keeps getting larger and larger. It's no wonder they are amongst the top three motherboard manufacturers in the market today, right along with ASUS and MSI. While AMD has had its day in the sun, Intel has now taken off with a huge range of chipsets and processors, all of which have managed to make a big splash.
P45 is Intel's IT chipset. While P35 did start the revolution, it wasn't as well adopted as P45; its lack for true Crossfire support made it a pretty big disappointment and it was just an upgrade on the P965 chipset, which already worked perfectly. The X series chipsets were simply too expensive for the average users. While having true full speed Crossfire support, it wasn't affordable for a mid-range system. This is where P45 comes in.
P45 not only supports true Crossfire thanks to its twin x8 PCIe slots, but it also manages to support DDR2 and DDR3 along with the latest ICH10R Southbridge and PCI Express 2.0 support. The best thing is that all this falls into the mid-range PCs price point. Who could argue with that?
Today GIGABYTE has sent us their latest high-end offering, based on the P45 chipset. This baby is dubbed the EP45-Extreme and we will show you why soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard - Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog