The new HD 4870 Sonic uses the same box that we saw the other day on the HD 4850 Sonic; it's slightly bigger than the older boxes, though offers all the standard information. Down the side we have the Palit, ATI and Windows logo while the middle of the box is taken up with a picture of our old friend, FroBot.
Towards the bottom right corner of the box we have a sticker that states the model, clock speeds, some of the main specifications like 512MB of GDDR5 memory, Dual DVI along with some of the main features like PCI Express 2.0 and the fact that it's overclocked out of the box.
Turning the box over, we have some more details on the specification of the card in a number of languages. Across the bottom we have the Palit logo along with a contact email address and the company website.
Inside the box there isn't a whole lot going on; apart from the installation guide we also have a driver CD.
Cable wise, we only have a power convertor, DVI to VGA connector and a DVI to HDMI connector included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.