Pulling our brand spankin' new GTX 280 TOP out of the box, you as usual come to the realization that the card carries with it, like all other GTX 280s, the reference cooler. Of course, ASUS have managed to splash it up a bit.
On the fan we have a sticker that has ASUS while the rest of the card has a camouflage sticker with our warrior woman that we saw on the front of the box making another appearance.
Like we just mentioned, the card of course follows the reference design which we've become so accustomed to seeing. At the back we have our two power connectors; one a 6-pin and the other an 8-pin. Towards the front of the card, hidden underneath a cover we have two SLI connectors ready to be used for people fortunate enough to have two or three of these cards.
The I/O department also gives us the typical expected lay out with two Dual-Link DVI connectors along with a single TV-Out port. We also of course have some slots to let the hot air escape from the card due to the two slot design.
Carrying the TOP label, the card is of course overclocked; the core has moved from 602MHz to 670MHz, the shader clock from 1296MHz to 1460MHz and the 1GB of GDDR3 from 2214MHz DDR to 2430MHz DDR.
This massive increase in clocks should help yield a decent performance increase, so let's not talk about the looks of the card anymore and just get stuck into the results to see how the card fairs against some of the others we've looked at.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.