When it comes to power supplies in the middle range, there are a lot of choices. Of those, few are willing to give you the flexibility of a dual graphics setup. The Cooler Master UCP 700 does so and is even able to handle a system that it has no right to be able to work with. Granted, it failed when both graphics boards were fully powered and working under load, but the abilities it showed were worthy of notice.
As far as connectivity is concerned, this model should be more than capable of handling most systems that are connected to it. Cable lengths were long enough to handle any mid-tower style case and will be able to accommodate a good deal of the full tower enclosure designs as well. Just remember that if you are running an older motherboard with the 20-pin primary coupler, you will need to have an adapter on hand to get your system up and running.
Availability for this model looks to be aimed primarily toward the Australian and Far Eastern markets at this time. While not readily available in the US market now, you can pick it up across the big pond for roughly $165AU, which is exactly the price range that we would expect to see for a power supply with this power rating.
Overall, the UCP 700 is a very capable power supply that provides a very solid performance across all voltage rails. It has a nice appearance and ample cooling without a lot of noise. All in all, a very worthy consideration for those looking for a good mid-range PSU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rick Rubin's latest project is a Star Wars-themed electronic album
- Samsung's 4K Blu-ray player launches early
- Search engines are about to be creepy good at predicting what you want
- All the juicy Hitman beta details revealed for the 19th
- Uninstalling Facebook on iPhone will save you 15% battery life
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance