Upon pulling the card out of the box, you realize how different the cooler is to anything we've seen before. It's very similar to the older higher end coolers with the fan sitting towards the back of the card and pushing cool air across the core and going out the back of the system.
It's got a lot of aluminum with a heatsink and heat-pipe going around the fan, another heatsink towards the front of the card and some heat pipes coming out the top of the card and moving back into the cooler. The top is also aluminum, which is nice as initially when looking at pictures I thought it would be plastic.
Looking around the card, there isn't anything that we haven't seen before. Sitting on the black PCB towards the back of the card we have a single 6-pin PCI Express connector. Moving across the top of the card, we have a single SLI connector.
Moving over to the I/O ports, it's nice to see something a little different from the standard DVI connectors and TV-Out port. Though the Dual-Link DVI and TV-Out port is present, we also have an S/PDIF-out port along with a HDMI port which is a similar setup to the Palit 9600 GT we saw a while back. Across the top we also have some vents so the hot air can escape.
While the EN9600GT Matrix might sound like it's going to be an overclocked card thanks to its impressive cooler and feature set, it's not. It carries the stock 650MHz core, 1625MHz shader clock and 1800MHz DDR memory clock on the 512MB of included GDDR3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.