Setting up the device is all very self explanatory and it's really quite difficult to mess up. Once everything was plugged in and the power connected, it was time to fire up PC number one.
Within seconds, our Dell 30" little blue light turned on and showed us our boot up. Everything was looking good at this stage. Inside windows, we get some finding new devices bubbles show up and before long we're cruising around our desktop at 2560 x 1600.
With the second computer plugged in, it was time to fire up that bad boy. Wwitching the KVM over to its second source and powering up our machine, we were again greeted with that lovely blue light and boot up screen.
Everything was going along smoothly until we got into Windows. Now, I'm not a fan of admitting it, but I have a blonde moment every once and a while. This was one of them. Since like most males I'm too much of a man to read the manual, in Windows I was having no joy getting the mouse to work. The keyboard was fine, but unfortunately not the mouse.
I figured it had something to do with the USB link at the front of the KVM not being lit for source two. After about 15 minutes of going under my desk and checking that the USB was all connected and changing ports around, I found myself looking back at the KVM. Within another 5 minutes I discovered that if you press the source just quickly, the video will swap over. If you hold it down for a little longer, though, the video and the USB link will move across. Lesson learned and the CS1782 was now running like an absolute dream.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni