Setting up the device is all very self explanatory and it's really quite difficult to mess up. Once everything was plugged in and the power connected, it was time to fire up PC number one.
Within seconds, our Dell 30" little blue light turned on and showed us our boot up. Everything was looking good at this stage. Inside windows, we get some finding new devices bubbles show up and before long we're cruising around our desktop at 2560 x 1600.
With the second computer plugged in, it was time to fire up that bad boy. Wwitching the KVM over to its second source and powering up our machine, we were again greeted with that lovely blue light and boot up screen.
Everything was going along smoothly until we got into Windows. Now, I'm not a fan of admitting it, but I have a blonde moment every once and a while. This was one of them. Since like most males I'm too much of a man to read the manual, in Windows I was having no joy getting the mouse to work. The keyboard was fine, but unfortunately not the mouse.
I figured it had something to do with the USB link at the front of the KVM not being lit for source two. After about 15 minutes of going under my desk and checking that the USB was all connected and changing ports around, I found myself looking back at the KVM. Within another 5 minutes I discovered that if you press the source just quickly, the video will swap over. If you hold it down for a little longer, though, the video and the USB link will move across. Lesson learned and the CS1782 was now running like an absolute dream.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft to unveil a Shield TV-like Xbox set-top box at E3
- New Xbox One hardware will play 4K video, not 4K games
- Prepare for a career in ethical hacking with this bundle
- Xbox One Mini is real, will be revealed at E3 2016 claims insider
- Battlefield 1 trailer recreated in Battlefield 1942
- Corsair LAPDOG Gaming Control Center Review
- Fitbit Alta Fitness Wristband Review
- Does this look like a good and compatible setup/buy?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition