Setting up the device is all very self explanatory and it's really quite difficult to mess up. Once everything was plugged in and the power connected, it was time to fire up PC number one.
Within seconds, our Dell 30" little blue light turned on and showed us our boot up. Everything was looking good at this stage. Inside windows, we get some finding new devices bubbles show up and before long we're cruising around our desktop at 2560 x 1600.
With the second computer plugged in, it was time to fire up that bad boy. Wwitching the KVM over to its second source and powering up our machine, we were again greeted with that lovely blue light and boot up screen.
Everything was going along smoothly until we got into Windows. Now, I'm not a fan of admitting it, but I have a blonde moment every once and a while. This was one of them. Since like most males I'm too much of a man to read the manual, in Windows I was having no joy getting the mouse to work. The keyboard was fine, but unfortunately not the mouse.
I figured it had something to do with the USB link at the front of the KVM not being lit for source two. After about 15 minutes of going under my desk and checking that the USB was all connected and changing ports around, I found myself looking back at the KVM. Within another 5 minutes I discovered that if you press the source just quickly, the video will swap over. If you hold it down for a little longer, though, the video and the USB link will move across. Lesson learned and the CS1782 was now running like an absolute dream.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- New 'Justice League' trailer comes together
- BMW teases the next 100 years of vehicle technology
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse