The KVM is one of those devices that I've always known about, but never actually used. As far as brands go, ATEN is definitely up there in the world of awareness, so they seemed like the logical company to check out.
The KVM, as a device isn't all that confusing; it simply let's you use two or more (depending on the model) computers while only needing a single Keyboard, Video (Screen) and Mouse - or KVM.
Over the past 18 months, I would have liked to have ventured into the world that is the KVM, but since my upgrade to Dual-Link DVI enabled monitors, it hasn't been possible as the DVI side of things on all KVMs only support a maximum of 1920 x 1200; until now, that is!
ATEN have come to the rescue with the release of the CS1782 a few months back. It was really the only KVM released within the past few years that managed to grab my attention, so I simply had to have it.
Before we get into talking about the overall feelings on the device, let's take the time to have a quick look at the package and what's inside.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017