The HD 4870 continues to show its value time and time again and this time around is really no different. The good overclock on the core along with the slight memory overclock helps performance stay up against the stock clocked offering at all times with it being able to pass the GTX 280 at some points and at others stay extremely competitive against it for a very reasonable price.
It would have been nice to have seen a game included in the bundle, since ASUS do have a HD 4870 which comes with Alone in the Dark. It's not the end of the world, though, and what people really want when they buy a TOP card from ASUS is performance and this card manages to deliver.
The only thing that we're not digging on the card is the feminine look of the cooler with its pink flowers. Again, though, this isn't a major issue since you don't see it thanks to the card facing down all the time. But it was still a surprise to see the design when pulling the card out of the box.
Overall, the HD 4870 TOP from ASUS is a pretty good card. It gives us a bit more performance than the stock clocked card and comes with all the cables and accessories we need to get the card up and running straight away.
If you're not interested in overclocking yourself and wouldn't mind a bit more performance for a few extra dollars, the HD 4870 TOP is a good option from ASUS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA is testing four different Pascal GPUs right now
- Micron unveils its own 3D NAND technology, finally going vertical
- Conan Exiles alpha screenshots show a brutal and desolate world
- CBS not talking with Apple about streaming TV services anymore
- Unsurprisingly, the PlayStation 4 outsold the Xbox One in January
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Кадастровая оценка от Мо
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives