Setup and Installation
Routers are not usually extremely difficult to setup and make operational and this is also the case with setup and installation of the TRENDnet TEW-672GR router.
We noted no difficulties when setting up the TEW-672GR. Do note, though, that TRENDnet has opted to use the default IP range of 192.168.10.x. Normally we see IP ranges of either 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x being used, but this won't influence anything and you can always change the IP range in the router web interface, if you feel the need to do so.
Once you've got the router powered on, broadband modem hooked into the WAN port and a PC connected via one of the four LAN ports, go to your browser and type in 192.168.10.1 and you'll get a popup window (as you can see above) asking for the username and password.
By default the username is "Admin" and the password is blank. The first thing you should do when buying any new router is setup a password, so that any nosey neighbour cannot login to your router and wreck havoc.
The router's DHCP server is enabled by default and as you can see above, our test PC was allocated a LAN IP address of 192.168.10.100 on first use. The default DHCP start IP is 192.168.10.100 and the DHCP end IP is 192.168.10.200, of course meaning you could have up to 100 clients connected to the router.
As you can see from the screenshot below, we had no issues connecting to the router at 1000Mbps using regular CAT6 cabling.
Once you are logged in, you are granted access to the web-based interface where all the fun begins.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- 'Indiana Jones 5' loses co-creator George Lucas
- Unlock Android N's full potential with this top course
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards