Setup and Installation
Routers are not usually extremely difficult to setup and make operational and this is also the case with setup and installation of the TRENDnet TEW-672GR router.
We noted no difficulties when setting up the TEW-672GR. Do note, though, that TRENDnet has opted to use the default IP range of 192.168.10.x. Normally we see IP ranges of either 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x being used, but this won't influence anything and you can always change the IP range in the router web interface, if you feel the need to do so.
Once you've got the router powered on, broadband modem hooked into the WAN port and a PC connected via one of the four LAN ports, go to your browser and type in 192.168.10.1 and you'll get a popup window (as you can see above) asking for the username and password.
By default the username is "Admin" and the password is blank. The first thing you should do when buying any new router is setup a password, so that any nosey neighbour cannot login to your router and wreck havoc.
The router's DHCP server is enabled by default and as you can see above, our test PC was allocated a LAN IP address of 192.168.10.100 on first use. The default DHCP start IP is 192.168.10.100 and the DHCP end IP is 192.168.10.200, of course meaning you could have up to 100 clients connected to the router.
As you can see from the screenshot below, we had no issues connecting to the router at 1000Mbps using regular CAT6 cabling.
Once you are logged in, you are granted access to the web-based interface where all the fun begins.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Social media ad spending will hit $50 billion by 2019
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset