Setup and Installation
Routers are not usually extremely difficult to setup and make operational and this is also the case with setup and installation of the TRENDnet TEW-672GR router.
We noted no difficulties when setting up the TEW-672GR. Do note, though, that TRENDnet has opted to use the default IP range of 192.168.10.x. Normally we see IP ranges of either 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x being used, but this won't influence anything and you can always change the IP range in the router web interface, if you feel the need to do so.
Once you've got the router powered on, broadband modem hooked into the WAN port and a PC connected via one of the four LAN ports, go to your browser and type in 192.168.10.1 and you'll get a popup window (as you can see above) asking for the username and password.
By default the username is "Admin" and the password is blank. The first thing you should do when buying any new router is setup a password, so that any nosey neighbour cannot login to your router and wreck havoc.
The router's DHCP server is enabled by default and as you can see above, our test PC was allocated a LAN IP address of 192.168.10.100 on first use. The default DHCP start IP is 192.168.10.100 and the DHCP end IP is 192.168.10.200, of course meaning you could have up to 100 clients connected to the router.
As you can see from the screenshot below, we had no issues connecting to the router at 1000Mbps using regular CAT6 cabling.
Once you are logged in, you are granted access to the web-based interface where all the fun begins.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance