Diamond have managed to pull some serious speed out of the already fast HD 4870; the massive increase in memory clock speeds really manages to give us a serious boost in performance, making it compete against the GTX 280 in a lot of tests.
It doesn't come as any real surprise that the Diamond HD 4870 comes with a bigger price tag, but when looking online the difference seems to be a measly $20. When you look at the performance boost you get, the small increase in price really does seem like nothing.
While the card does manage to use a bit more power, it isn't that much extra and there would be no reason why a power supply that could handle a reference HD 4870 couldn't handle Diamonds XOC Black Edition.
This is one extremely fast card and the small price increase over a stock card makes it an extremely attractive option. If you're looking for the fastest out of the box HD 4870, you can't go past this option from Diamond.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft 'couldn't focus' enough in order to make a portable Xbox
- Witcher 3 first person mod released, looking good
- Razer opens up the pre-order floodgates for its OSVR headset
- Samsung reportedly working on higher-end 'Odyssey' VR headset
- Pokemon GO developer asks gamers to stop requesting PokeStops and gyms
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- H110M-HDV bricked after internet flash
- Bad PSU, now bad motherboard?
- GIGABYTE 970-Gaming SLI (AMD 970) Motherboard Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard