If the two other Thermaltake BlacX products were Must Have convenience products, where does that leave the eSATA version?
eSATA performance added to an already good product just bring the BlacX over the top. The convenience of being able to just pop a drive in and hit a button to access the data on that drive, to me is close to priceless. Then again, I am an enthusiast that has a pretty large stack of hard drives that is only outnumbered by a stack of side panels that are hardly ever on the sides of their cases. I know that I am not the only person out there with this routine.
Breaking it down bit by bit, Thermaltake should have spent a little more time designing the power button on all of the BlacX products. At this point there isn't a competing product on the market that has the same functionality and a front power button, so we will let that one slide. Post testing, I did run into one other issue that may hamper some users. The power and eSATA cables are a bit too short for my liking. eSATA is around 3 feet and the power cable is right around 4 feet long. I would like to see these extended to around 6 feet, but I can also see why Thermaltake went with shorter cables; no one likes to have a rats nest under their computer desk (even though we all do).
On the positive side of things, the BlacX is the first device to offer this type of functionality and is a product many of us are going to use every day. To put it bluntly, what other computer accessory put out in the last two years can you really say has made your life easier? If you are ready for Easy Street and you have a stack of case panels somewhere in your computer room, run out and get a Thermaltake BlacX with eSATA right away.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20