The XIGMATEK HDT-SD964 is a crossover product. On one hand we have a cooler that costs less than many retail, OEM replacement coolers. On the other hand we have the latest CPU cooler technology that is only available on enthusiast class coolers.
The HDT-SD964 is clearly a price performance leader, no matter what market segment you are in. This holds more weight with the Joe Sixpack guys who are looking for the best bang for the buck. If that sounds like you, then look no further. Enthusiasts tend to think with their maximum overclock and not their wallet. And although I consider the HDT-SD964 a performance cooler, these guys will want to look a little further up the price chain when trying to obtain higher overclocks.
The XIGMATEK HDT-SD964 is going to puzzle many buyers, including myself. The product breaks many of the traditional rules that we have come accustom to. The latest technology in any market isn't supposed to also be the lowest price. What kind of a message is XIGMATEK trying to send to consumers and other CPU cooler manufacturers? - Hopefully the early XIGMATEK products are not just a fluke and they continue to follow this trend and the other guys take note. I for one don't like the thought of spending 80 Dollars on a cooler when I would much rather put that money in moving up factory processor speeds. I really like what these guys are doing and can't wait to see the 120mm model; the HDT-S1283.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The XIGMATEK HDT-SD964]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft HoloLens dev kits will be $3,000, ships in Q1 2016
- 'Tobiwan', Soe and 'Maelk' to headline MLG $500,000 2015 World Finals
- Thecus adds 8TB Seagate HDD support to their NAS range
- Sony expected to drop the PS4 price down to $350 for the holidays
- New Star Wars Battlefront footage arrives with Luke vs Darth Vader
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs