The XIGMATEK HDT-SD964
Topside, there isn't much going on. The fins are straight as an arrow and the heatpipes are pretty conventional.
A look at the side shows the same thing; many of the newer heatsinks we have looked at bend the fins to raise surface area, but the HDT-SD964 uses perfectly flat fins.
A look at the other side; now with the fan installed. I really like the way XIGMATEK mounts their fans. The rubber piece acts as a buffer between the fan and the fins eliminating all noise caused by vibration. It is best to mount the fan before installing the heatsink to the motherboard, since you will need to pull the rubber through the fan.
Here we see the front of the fan after being installed on the heatsink.
Here we see where the action is really at. The base of the cooler places the heatpipes where they come in contact with the processor directly. This eliminates the need for heat to be passed through a layer of metal before being taken to the fins.
The top side of the base has four tracks cut for installing the cooler to AMD processors. At first I thought it would be possible to mount the cooler either way, but the heatpipes get in the way of mounting the cooler one direction.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The XIGMATEK HDT-SD964]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis