Specifications, Availability and Pricing
As you can see, all of the favorite buzzwords are covered with the HDT-SD964. A copper base with four copper 6mm heatpipes lead to aluminum fins that are cooled with a 92mm fan.
The fan uses a 4-pin PWM connector and is capable of pushing up to 54.6 CFM at 34 dBA. To aid in reducing noise and longevity, the bearings are rifle bearings and although the lifespan is rated at 50,000 hours, I would expect the fan to last several years with this type of bearing.
With the fan attached, the overall weight is only 466 grams; a relative light weight when compared to some of the truly heavy heatsinks we have seen in the past.
I think the real story here is the price. After a quick scan online, here in the states I was able to find the HDT-SD964 listed at Newegg for only 27 Dollars with a 10 Dollar mail-in rebate making the total only 17 Dollars. This is much cheaper than most of the coolers I have tested here at TweakTown and I think most enthusiasts shopping around may over look the product because of its low cost. Let's dive in and see if the HDT-SD964 is a budget cooler as the price suggests, or if it is a power house that will make our Must Have list.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The XIGMATEK HDT-SD964]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple could launch the iPhone 8 and iPhone 7S this year
- Lenovo confirms smaller battery for the Moto Z2 Play
- First images of Nokia's upcoming flagship leak
- Rare Apple-1 computer from 1976 auctioned for $130,000
- Facebook rolling out 'Order Food' option
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning