TRENDnet 200Mbps Powerline Home Networking Kit
In this ever connected world that we live in, there are a magnitude of ways that one can use to connect their computers and other devices.
Back in the day we were limited to 10Mbps and slower local network connections; finally we moved up to 100Mbps connections and today 1000Mbps Gigabit is common place - companies are even working on much faster connections to move our bits and bytes around faster than ever before over the wires.
Wireless networking technology is evolving rather rapidly with 802.11n Draft 2 Wi-Fi currently being the standard of choice when going out to the store and picking up the latest router. If you are in the right place, you also have the choice of connecting your devices to the outside world via 3G or faster HSDPA 3.5G and beyond. If you are really in the right place, you might have the option to use WiMAX. Wireless technology is a wonderful technology and it is really pushing radio to extreme limits.
What happens, though, when wireless isn't appropriate for your home or office? Maybe wireless isn't an option due to other devices interfering or the range you are trying to work with is just pushing it too much. Of course, there is the CAT5e or CAT6 networking cable option for local Gigabit networking, but if your house or office isn't new and not connected up with this cabling, it can be rather messy having cables running around all over your floors. Furthermore, high quality CAT6 Gigabit cable can begin to get expensive, especially in a large office or house with multiple floors. After a property has been built, it is also much more expensive to connect it up with networking cable as opposed to while it is being built.
There must be another option? - Well, there is. Enter the world of TRENDnet and its 200Mbps Powerline AV Fast Ethernet Adapter Kit. This smart package uses the HomePlug AV IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802.3u standards to create an encrypted and secured local area network within your house or office using existing power outlets and wiring.
Read on as we put the 200Mbps Powerline AV Fast Ethernet Adapter Kit through its paces in a range of setups to see what type of performance it offers and if it stands any chance in competing with 802.11n wireless or a standard wired network configured using all CAT6 Gigabit cable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine one last time in 'Logan'
- Ubisoft teases 'game changing' patch for The Division
- AMD's new RSCE 16.10.2 drivers ready for Battlefield 1
- AMD to launch cut-down RX 470, competes with GTX 1050 Ti
- Nintendo Switch pre-order priced at AUD$999 in Australia
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package