Processor: AMD Phenom X4 9850 @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 2x 1GB DDR2-1186 Geil (Supplied by Geil)
Hard Disk: 500GB Western Digital SE16 (Supplied by Western Digital)
Graphics Card: GIGABYTE 9800GX2 (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Cooling: GIGABYTE 3D Galaxy II (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista SP1
Drivers: Catalyst 8.6, Forceware 175.16
Today's tests will consist of our ASUS M3A78 board and the GIGABYTE MA78GM motherboards. ASUS' board did not overclock at all in a stable manner, so we are unable to do OC tests with this board. But GIGABYTE did manage an increase as you saw just before, so we threw in the OC tests here.
At stock speeds the two systems were running with DDR2-1066MHz memory, since both boards support this with the Phenom X4 processors. At the GIGABYTE overclocked speeds, we ran with the memory at the same divider.
EVEREST Ultimate Edition
Version and / or Patch Used: 2006
Developer Homepage: http://www.lavalys.com
Product Homepage: http://www.lavalys.com
EVEREST Ultimate Edition is an industry leading system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for enthusiasts PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. During system optimizations and tweaking it provides essential system and overclock information, advanced hardware monitoring and diagnostics capabilities to check the effects of the applied settings. CPU, FPU and memory benchmarks are available to measure the actual system performance and compare it to previous states or other systems.
In our first stock tests there is nothing at all in it between the two boards. Only when overclocking on the GIGABYTE do we see a slightly higher result.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards