With the package out of the way, it's time to move onto the card. Out of the box it looks like every other GTX 280 with the reference cooler managing to take up the whole card.
We can see that the only thing MSI has done to the card is place its own sticker on it. We have a branded sticker of the fan along with another sticker that shows what we saw on the front of the box along with the brand and model. We also again see the "Game with MSI" logo at the bottom.
Turning the card over, there isn't a whole lot going on. We have some vents to let the hot air out, but apart from that it's a sea of black.
As you would expect, looking around the card we have the two power connectors located at the top of the card; one being a 6-pin and the other an 8-pin. Next to these connectors we have another port for the loop back cable included in the box so that you can get sound through the HDMI convertor included.
Continuing across the top of the card, we have our two SLI connectors which of course give us support for up to three cards if your budget stretches that far. Don't forget, though, you of course need a motherboard that supports Tri SLI to use them.
Getting to the I/O department, we have two Dual Link DVI connectors and a TV-Out port. We also have some vents for the hot air to escape and a light up the top that lets us know that the card is up and running.
As we have mentioned before, the card is of course an overclocked one like we saw mentioned on the front of the box. Instead of the stock 600MHz core, MSI have chosen to bump this to 650MHz. The 1GB of GDDR3 memory has moved from 2200MHz DDR to 2300MHz DDR.
It's not a huge overclock, but should give us a little boost in performance compared to a card based on stock clocks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- Save Up to 96% On August's Top 3 Deals
- Astronauts believe it's only a matter of time before man heads to Mars
- Destiny: Xur's Three of Coins exotic drop buff will be a gamble
- UK debuts its 'UK Against ISIL' social media account
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20