Corsair packs its Dominator series in a split-apart blister package which allows you to see the modules and the fan cooler, so there is no need for any pictures or info on the back of the package. The package is easy to open; unlike some plastic cases, you won't end up putting a knife into your hand while opening it up, like I have done with a few other packages in the past...
Removing the modules from the package, we get a better look at what you get. All kits these days are matched pairs of memory for Dual Channel operation. This is until someone starts to produce single stick dual channel modules which we hope will begin soon. The modules are equipped with the DHX heatspreaders to transfer heat away from the modules.
On each side of the modules there is a sticker with the specs and information for the modules. The kit we were sent is a 2GB total kit containing 2x1GB modules rated for 2133MHz with timings of 9-9-9-24 using 2.0v. Some DDR3 boards don't support this high a voltage on the memory bus, so if you're going to go for gold with these modules, make sure you do your homework on the board you're going to pair them with.
With the high voltage and speed of the memory, one thing is for certain, these modules will run hot. And brother, we're not kidding; we measured the memory temp at over 48c when running overclocked, that's why this fan is included. When running at top speeds it's a must to have this baby running. We managed to drop the memory to 44c with it running; very handy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft rumored to launch Surface Phone in 2017
- Conjur up a free Blu-ray in our 'Conjuring 2' giveaway!
- Philadelphia 76ers acquire eSports teams Dignitas, Apex
- Horizon: Zero Dawn's story will be 'hugely enjoyable'
- Microsoft axes original Forza Horizon from store
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now