Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Motherboard(s): ASUS P5E64 WS Evolution
Memory: 2 X 1GB Aeneon 1333MHz DDR3
Hard Disk(s): 8x Samsung 1TB 7200 RPM SATA-II
Operating System: Windows Vista 64-Bit SP1
Today we will see how the VOX 500GB caddie goes in both USB 2.0 and eSATA form. We'll also compare it against our trusty Vantec dock which is also using eSATA. For further measure we will see how it goes against one of our Samsung 1TB drives hooked up to our ICH9R controller.
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.1
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com/
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com/>
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
- Benchmark: measures the performance
- Info: shows detailed information
- Health: checks the health status by using SMART
- Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
- Temperature display
HD Tune may also work with other storage devices such as memory cards, USB sticks, iPods, etc.
In the read department we can see that the move from USB 2.0 to eSATA offers us big gains. Apart from the burst speed which would be the least important result out of the four, it's able to outperform the Vantec Nexstar dock which also uses eSATA.
We can again see the disadvantage of using USB 2.0 which adds an increase in access time. We can see when using eSATA that the drive performs in line with not only the Vantec dock, but also our 1TB Samsung drive that's hooked directly onto the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Refurbished Galaxy Note7 might cost $700
- Nintendo market cap valuation now higher than Sony's
- LG's new 'world's first' 77-inch flexible 4K OLED teased
- GIGABYTE's new AMD EPYC motherboard supports 1TB of RAM
- AMD Radeon RX Vega price will be 'excellent'
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller