AMD's Phenom processor range is by no means a huge leap forward for the company; certainly not like they were hoping it would be. While it does add a few new features, its architecture is still based directly on the K8 with a few tweaks. This is what brought Intel down trying to salvage Netburst and we saw what happened there. AMD is following a similar path; K8 has run its course and it's now time to put it to bed, fellows.
On the upside, Phenom does give end users the option of having a multi-tasking environment without having to spend a fortune. AMD's top Phenom X4 processor comes in very cheap, making it an attractive option for a mainstream PC. And it even allows for a cheaper SLI setup than an Intel based system. Though, if you're going for SLI, you're seeking power and performance. This is where Intel comes into play.
The Phenom 9350e really left us wondering why it's around. If its intention is to replace the 4850e processor, why was that one even brought into the market? Considering the price of the 9350e compared to the 8750 X3, I know which one I would rather have and that's the higher clocked X3 processor which is able to do more gaming than the 9350e.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The New Recruit]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk teases Tesla's electric semi truck
- Radeon RX Vega barely beats GTX 1070 in leaked results
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives