AMD's Phenom processor range is by no means a huge leap forward for the company; certainly not like they were hoping it would be. While it does add a few new features, its architecture is still based directly on the K8 with a few tweaks. This is what brought Intel down trying to salvage Netburst and we saw what happened there. AMD is following a similar path; K8 has run its course and it's now time to put it to bed, fellows.
On the upside, Phenom does give end users the option of having a multi-tasking environment without having to spend a fortune. AMD's top Phenom X4 processor comes in very cheap, making it an attractive option for a mainstream PC. And it even allows for a cheaper SLI setup than an Intel based system. Though, if you're going for SLI, you're seeking power and performance. This is where Intel comes into play.
The Phenom 9350e really left us wondering why it's around. If its intention is to replace the 4850e processor, why was that one even brought into the market? Considering the price of the 9350e compared to the 8750 X3, I know which one I would rather have and that's the higher clocked X3 processor which is able to do more gaming than the 9350e.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The New Recruit]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset