The GELID compound comes in a 5 gram syringe applicator tube, which offers more of the compound for your dollars. Most come with only between 3-4 grams as a rule. It also comes with a small plastic spatula for spreading the compound on larger surface areas. There is a bit of advertising on the spatula, but that is to be expected.
The compound itself is a light colored concoction and has a very smooth consistency. It is not so thin as to be runny at all, but it isn't too thick to spread. Whether you use a spreading technique or place a dollop in the middle of the heat spreader and attach the HSF, the compound will spread evenly and give a solid barrier between the core and the sink.
GC-1 also does not consist of any metal particles so is electrically non-conductive. This is a great benefit for those wanting to address high temperatures for the graphics cores and processors. If you happen to get a little in the wrong place, simply clean it off and you won't have to worry about crossing those trace lines. Like many of the newer family of thermal compounds, GC-1 does not require any cure time. This is a plus for those who want to overclock their system. Also of note is that the formula being used in this compound lasts for a very long time without breaking down. According to literature and the GELID web site, this compound only needs to be replaced about once every ten years.
All right, so now that we know a little about this new goop, it is time to answer the really important question; how does handle processor temperatures?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Your daily WTF: Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 is a real game
- Acer announces new Predator Gaming Series monitors with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Acer shows off Chromebook R 11, a convertible Chromebook
- Vantage Robotics shows off Snap, a safe drone with a 4K camera
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't have server browsers on PC
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015