As noted early on, Rosewill is in the business of selling quality products at a good price. This has been their business model for a long while, and the RX630 Xtreme is a worthy addition to their product line. Aimed at gamers, this power supply provided surprisingly good results given the test conditions it was put through. With a performance that was acceptable and a very nice outward appearance, this PSU is worth considering.
You will be limited to either a single high-end video card or a pair of mid-range boards, but this is to be expected with the power level of the product. The cabling harness provides enough connectivity for most systems and the cable lengths were long enough to work in all but the largest of enclosures. Any mid-tower being made should be well suited with the cabling of this PSU.
Pricing for this model has a MSRP of an unsightly $189.99US as posted on the Rosewill web site, but online retailers are selling this power supply for about $80US. At this price point, it is one of the most inexpensive units available in the 600-700 watt range with similar features.
As far as those features are concerned, this model comes with an efficiency rating of about 80-85%, has Active PFC (Power Faction Correction), protection from over-voltage, under-voltage, over-current, over-power and over-temperature. It also features four 12v rails and support for both SLI and Crossfire applications. While not one of the fancier power supplies ever tested, it proved to be both reliable and aesthetically pleasing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD