As noted early on, Rosewill is in the business of selling quality products at a good price. This has been their business model for a long while, and the RX630 Xtreme is a worthy addition to their product line. Aimed at gamers, this power supply provided surprisingly good results given the test conditions it was put through. With a performance that was acceptable and a very nice outward appearance, this PSU is worth considering.
You will be limited to either a single high-end video card or a pair of mid-range boards, but this is to be expected with the power level of the product. The cabling harness provides enough connectivity for most systems and the cable lengths were long enough to work in all but the largest of enclosures. Any mid-tower being made should be well suited with the cabling of this PSU.
Pricing for this model has a MSRP of an unsightly $189.99US as posted on the Rosewill web site, but online retailers are selling this power supply for about $80US. At this price point, it is one of the most inexpensive units available in the 600-700 watt range with similar features.
As far as those features are concerned, this model comes with an efficiency rating of about 80-85%, has Active PFC (Power Faction Correction), protection from over-voltage, under-voltage, over-current, over-power and over-temperature. It also features four 12v rails and support for both SLI and Crossfire applications. While not one of the fancier power supplies ever tested, it proved to be both reliable and aesthetically pleasing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- AMD Radeon Settings, Crimson Edition driver released
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED