AUTO mode is simple enough to get to grips with in this unit, but sometimes you need to override the defaults and push a little more air based on the temperature readings.
Easy to do! Leave it in AUTO mode and hit fan select to cycle the fans you want to adjust. Then use the up/down arrows to set the desired RPM and wait for it to adjust.
If you have a desire to go fully manual, you just hit the MODE button and manually manage fan speeds yourself. They will not adjust depending on temperature.
Also included in this unit is a large time and date display which is a nice touch to fill the remaining space on the LCD. The colour scheme is a winner as well, with the predominately blue option and the other colours only adding tastefully to the detailing.
This unit performs exceptionally and the temperature reports are in line with the reports from the motherboards where the thermistors for CPU and GPU are much closer to the cores than I can place the NZXT thermistors, But that still does not affect the way the Sentry LX works; it uses the air temperatures to adjust air flow. The core thermistors are more for the hardware to tell if the cores are getting too hot and need to be throttled back before they are damaged.
The NZXT Sentry LX is sleek, functional and easy to use. If you are looking for fan and temperature control, then look no further.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google's Daydream now available in two additional colors
- Death Stranding's engine optimized for 4K on PS4 Pro
- PlayStation Experience 2016: watch here live
- SpaceX plans first launch since September's explosion
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset