AUTO mode is simple enough to get to grips with in this unit, but sometimes you need to override the defaults and push a little more air based on the temperature readings.
Easy to do! Leave it in AUTO mode and hit fan select to cycle the fans you want to adjust. Then use the up/down arrows to set the desired RPM and wait for it to adjust.
If you have a desire to go fully manual, you just hit the MODE button and manually manage fan speeds yourself. They will not adjust depending on temperature.
Also included in this unit is a large time and date display which is a nice touch to fill the remaining space on the LCD. The colour scheme is a winner as well, with the predominately blue option and the other colours only adding tastefully to the detailing.
This unit performs exceptionally and the temperature reports are in line with the reports from the motherboards where the thermistors for CPU and GPU are much closer to the cores than I can place the NZXT thermistors, But that still does not affect the way the Sentry LX works; it uses the air temperatures to adjust air flow. The core thermistors are more for the hardware to tell if the cores are getting too hot and need to be throttled back before they are damaged.
The NZXT Sentry LX is sleek, functional and easy to use. If you are looking for fan and temperature control, then look no further.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- Pokemon GO in-game Halloween event set for Oct 26 to Nov
- AMD confirms high-end Zen CPU launch for early 2017
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards