AUTO mode is simple enough to get to grips with in this unit, but sometimes you need to override the defaults and push a little more air based on the temperature readings.
Easy to do! Leave it in AUTO mode and hit fan select to cycle the fans you want to adjust. Then use the up/down arrows to set the desired RPM and wait for it to adjust.
If you have a desire to go fully manual, you just hit the MODE button and manually manage fan speeds yourself. They will not adjust depending on temperature.
Also included in this unit is a large time and date display which is a nice touch to fill the remaining space on the LCD. The colour scheme is a winner as well, with the predominately blue option and the other colours only adding tastefully to the detailing.
This unit performs exceptionally and the temperature reports are in line with the reports from the motherboards where the thermistors for CPU and GPU are much closer to the cores than I can place the NZXT thermistors, But that still does not affect the way the Sentry LX works; it uses the air temperatures to adjust air flow. The core thermistors are more for the hardware to tell if the cores are getting too hot and need to be throttled back before they are damaged.
The NZXT Sentry LX is sleek, functional and easy to use. If you are looking for fan and temperature control, then look no further.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni