Ice Ice Baby
If you couldn't tell, I'm part of the hardware camp. I like my toys on display and this is a perfect show off piece for any serious case builder.
So, after the initial de-boxing I slip it into my GIGABYTE case and hook it all up with the following configuration:
Two fans in the rear.
One fan in front.
One CPU fan.
One GPU fan.
The two rear fans are no problem to hook up, and the same goes for the front; they are standard 3-pin fan connectors that you can plug into your motherboard.
The CPU fan proved troublesome, as it used a 4-pin fan connector and would not fit in the 3-pin adapters on this NZXT unit. So, it remains tethered to the motherboard.
Again for the GPU fan; a small 2-pin header that is incompatible with the 3 pin adapters means that I'm resigned to only controlling my case fans with this unit.
The thermistors are easier; they don't attach to anything and you just "place" them where you want to measure the temperature. Though sometimes they won't always stay and need a bit of persuasion in the form of electrical tape. Most are happy to sit around the heat generators of the system, however.
One on the CPU (only inside the heat sink, will not report core temperatures).
One on the GPU (again on the heat sink, so no core temperatures).
One on the Northbridge.
One on the case intake fan.
One on the case outflow.
Now, you have to be careful as to which thermistors you put where. The reason for this is that when in AUTO mode, the fan controller will adjust the fan speed based on the same number thermistor. I have the intake and outflow fans attached to thermistors that are on the CPU and Northbridge. By doing it this way, when the heat in that section ramps up the case will cycle cooler air in and out to compensate.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset