Ice Ice Baby
If you couldn't tell, I'm part of the hardware camp. I like my toys on display and this is a perfect show off piece for any serious case builder.
So, after the initial de-boxing I slip it into my GIGABYTE case and hook it all up with the following configuration:
Two fans in the rear.
One fan in front.
One CPU fan.
One GPU fan.
The two rear fans are no problem to hook up, and the same goes for the front; they are standard 3-pin fan connectors that you can plug into your motherboard.
The CPU fan proved troublesome, as it used a 4-pin fan connector and would not fit in the 3-pin adapters on this NZXT unit. So, it remains tethered to the motherboard.
Again for the GPU fan; a small 2-pin header that is incompatible with the 3 pin adapters means that I'm resigned to only controlling my case fans with this unit.
The thermistors are easier; they don't attach to anything and you just "place" them where you want to measure the temperature. Though sometimes they won't always stay and need a bit of persuasion in the form of electrical tape. Most are happy to sit around the heat generators of the system, however.
One on the CPU (only inside the heat sink, will not report core temperatures).
One on the GPU (again on the heat sink, so no core temperatures).
One on the Northbridge.
One on the case intake fan.
One on the case outflow.
Now, you have to be careful as to which thermistors you put where. The reason for this is that when in AUTO mode, the fan controller will adjust the fan speed based on the same number thermistor. I have the intake and outflow fans attached to thermistors that are on the CPU and Northbridge. By doing it this way, when the heat in that section ramps up the case will cycle cooler air in and out to compensate.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog