DDR3 memory is now starting to show its true colours. Yes, at this stage it's more expensive, but for the ultimate system experience, for those who want top performance and overclocking, then DDR3 based systems are the way to go. DDR2 based systems just can't clock as high due to a bottleneck in the DDR2 bus; 1200MHz is the limit, and unless something happens (die shrinks or super high yields) DDR3 is set to take over quite convincingly as the overclocking memory of choice.
Kingston's HyperX memory range has really come of age; its performance is extremely impressive, as well as its ability to overclock. After all, it may be rated for 1800MHz, but remember that 1333MHz is the official speed recognized by JEDEC. NVIDIA has its SLI ready recommendations which are overclocked profiles, so beyond 1333MHz is an overclock. With that said, 1800MHz is a quite a massive jump.
Kingston already has its 2000MHz line coming soon, so stay tuned for a review of this up against the SLI-ready memory. How well it performs may impact your buying decision.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Avengers: Infinity War will be one movie, instead of a two-parter
- Samsung's Q2 2016 profits are the largest in over two years
- New details emerge on Samsung Galaxy Note 7, new Gear VR headset
- Quake is being remade in Unreal Engine 4, and it could be awesome
- Xiaomi is rumored to announce a VR headset on August 1
- Switchmate Bluetooth Smart Light Switch Review
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio