Since their acquisition of competing video card manufacturer, 3dfx, nVidia have been way ahead of the competition with no sign of things changing any time soon. Their current flagship GPU, the GeForce3, features customizable vertex and pixel shaders that allow developers to program unique effects into their games. Couple this with blistering performance and it is clear to see that the GeForce3 is in a league of its own.
However, in September 2001, ATi announced their latest graphics chipset, the Radeon 8500. This new chipset is in direct competition with nVidia's GeForce3 and early performance numbers indicated that the Radeon 8500 might just be the next card to beat. To ensure that the Radeon 8500 would not steal a large chunk of their market share, that same day nVidia announced the latest addition to their product lineup; the GeForce3 Ti500. This graphics chipset features the same GeForce3 GPU, just clocked at a higher frequency. Coinciding with the release of the Ti500, nVidia also announced two more graphics chipsets. These chipsets cater for the mid and low-end market, and were named the GeForce3 Ti200 and GeForce2 Ti. While the GeForce2 Ti offers average performance at a very low price, the GeForce3 Ti200 was an instant crowd pleaser because its performance is quite close to the regular GeForce3 and costs approximately half the price.
We were able to obtain Abit's latest addition to their graphics card lineup, the Siluro Ti200. Although Abit have mainly been known for their high performance, highly tweakable motherboards, they have recently decided to move into the video card market as well. Read on as we determine if nVidia's latest budget graphics chipset is worth your hard earned cash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Xbox One Mini isn't real, says Phil Spencer
- Marvel Studios founder to bring Borderlands to the big screen
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20