The Package and Memory Modules
First off we start with the package that Corsair ships their memory in. Now, I can tell a few are thinking "not another personal injury blister pack". Thankfully, I can assure you it isn't. This one splits down the sides easily; no tools required, making it a hospital free product. You can also clearly see the modules through the packaging, so no need for a colour photo.
On the back, Corsair has put a detailed picture on how its DHX memory heatsinks work in order to reduce the temperature of the memory. Extra layers are added to cool the PCB and the memory chips, not just the chips like some other companies do.
Upon removing the modules, one thing is for sure, they are large and they are heavy. The extra DHX fins on the top give it the extra height while the extra layers to cool the PCB make it heavier than most DRAM modules on the market. But this isn't a bad thing as it's guaranteed to help keep things cool.
Being the DHX series, you can separately purchase the DHX fan that sits atop the modules with 3x40mm fans to cool the modules. We happen to have one of these on hand, so we will be testing with the fan and without.
On one side of each of the modules, Corsair has its own sticker that has the company logo, model of the modules, and its timing info. In our case, we were sent a dual channel kit of 4GB; each module was 2GB density with timings of 9-9-9-24 at 1600MHz and 1.8v.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform