The Package and Memory Modules
First off we start with the package that Corsair ships their memory in. Now, I can tell a few are thinking "not another personal injury blister pack". Thankfully, I can assure you it isn't. This one splits down the sides easily; no tools required, making it a hospital free product. You can also clearly see the modules through the packaging, so no need for a colour photo.
On the back, Corsair has put a detailed picture on how its DHX memory heatsinks work in order to reduce the temperature of the memory. Extra layers are added to cool the PCB and the memory chips, not just the chips like some other companies do.
Upon removing the modules, one thing is for sure, they are large and they are heavy. The extra DHX fins on the top give it the extra height while the extra layers to cool the PCB make it heavier than most DRAM modules on the market. But this isn't a bad thing as it's guaranteed to help keep things cool.
Being the DHX series, you can separately purchase the DHX fan that sits atop the modules with 3x40mm fans to cool the modules. We happen to have one of these on hand, so we will be testing with the fan and without.
On one side of each of the modules, Corsair has its own sticker that has the company logo, model of the modules, and its timing info. In our case, we were sent a dual channel kit of 4GB; each module was 2GB density with timings of 9-9-9-24 at 1600MHz and 1.8v.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog