With NVIDIA's GTX 280 graphics cards now starting to look the goods, nForce 790i Ultra based boards are looking ever more popular. This is because NVIDIA has been holding out on its SLI licensing; no other chipset can run SLI unless the drivers are hacked open. That takes time and effort, a lot of which no one is willing to do these days. Until X58 arrives with SLI support, people are forced to go with an NVIDIA motherboard chipset.
Well before NVIDIA had any plans for DDR3, EPP or Extreme Performance Profile DDR2 memory was making its way into the mainstream. These modules were really designed to work with 680i chipsets, since any AMD solutions have the memory controller moved to the CPU, this eliminated any offerings NVIDIA can give.
EPP has made its way into DDR3 with EPP 2.0; this being the DDR3 variation. Today we have Corsair's monster 4GB DDR3 kit (2x2GB) supporting EPP 2.0. Let's see how it copes today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand