With NVIDIA's GTX 280 graphics cards now starting to look the goods, nForce 790i Ultra based boards are looking ever more popular. This is because NVIDIA has been holding out on its SLI licensing; no other chipset can run SLI unless the drivers are hacked open. That takes time and effort, a lot of which no one is willing to do these days. Until X58 arrives with SLI support, people are forced to go with an NVIDIA motherboard chipset.
Well before NVIDIA had any plans for DDR3, EPP or Extreme Performance Profile DDR2 memory was making its way into the mainstream. These modules were really designed to work with 680i chipsets, since any AMD solutions have the memory controller moved to the CPU, this eliminated any offerings NVIDIA can give.
EPP has made its way into DDR3 with EPP 2.0; this being the DDR3 variation. Today we have Corsair's monster 4GB DDR3 kit (2x2GB) supporting EPP 2.0. Let's see how it copes today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Your Photos Are Never Going to Be the Same
- PlayStation VR has 'overwhelming' conversion rate, says Sony
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent