Interior - Continued
Moving down to the bottom half of the enclosure will lead us to the hard drive bays, and yes, I said "bays" as in plural. The Tagan Black Pearl has not one, but two hard drive bays. Each bay is designed to handle four hard drives, so storage space should never be a concern here. Also of note is the 120mm fan that is mounted directly in front of the hard drive bays, which will allow for plenty of cool air to flow over your hot drives. This air moves to the rear so you won't have to worry about your hard drives heating up your other system components.
To make your drive installation easier, the drive bays can be completely removed from the case. Drive installation is also tool-free by means of form fitted rubber grommets that are attached to the side of the drive. Once in place, the drive slips neatly into the cage and drops into a cutout groove to keep it nicely secured.
Toward the rear of the hard drive cages is the small bay used for the power supply. This area is well designed and should cover all issues. The PSU will be mounted atop a raised mounting tray, so even if you have a power supply with a fan mounted on the bottom side, it will still be able to draw air. There are also vent holes cut into the bottom of the enclosure to make certain that you will have enough airflow to work with.
With the power supply being in a separate compartment, there has to be a way to route your wiring harness to the components that need to be powered. This is addressed by slots that are cut in the surrounding panels. The good thing about this design is that they remembered to use a plastic grommet around the opening where your cabling will run. This makes sure that you don't accidentally rub a hole through the wire covers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7's boxing kangaroo nixed due to animal activists
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- Intel's new Xeon rocks 28C/56T, costs over $12,000
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives