Interior - Continued
Moving down to the bottom half of the enclosure will lead us to the hard drive bays, and yes, I said "bays" as in plural. The Tagan Black Pearl has not one, but two hard drive bays. Each bay is designed to handle four hard drives, so storage space should never be a concern here. Also of note is the 120mm fan that is mounted directly in front of the hard drive bays, which will allow for plenty of cool air to flow over your hot drives. This air moves to the rear so you won't have to worry about your hard drives heating up your other system components.
To make your drive installation easier, the drive bays can be completely removed from the case. Drive installation is also tool-free by means of form fitted rubber grommets that are attached to the side of the drive. Once in place, the drive slips neatly into the cage and drops into a cutout groove to keep it nicely secured.
Toward the rear of the hard drive cages is the small bay used for the power supply. This area is well designed and should cover all issues. The PSU will be mounted atop a raised mounting tray, so even if you have a power supply with a fan mounted on the bottom side, it will still be able to draw air. There are also vent holes cut into the bottom of the enclosure to make certain that you will have enough airflow to work with.
With the power supply being in a separate compartment, there has to be a way to route your wiring harness to the components that need to be powered. This is addressed by slots that are cut in the surrounding panels. The good thing about this design is that they remembered to use a plastic grommet around the opening where your cabling will run. This makes sure that you don't accidentally rub a hole through the wire covers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications