When it comes to the BIOS, XFX has gone the exact same design, look and features as the ZOTAC board; no surprises here as they are both direct reference designs.
FSB (QDR): 400 - 2800 in 1MHz Increments
Mem (DDR): 400 - 2500 in 1MHz Increments
PCIe x16_1 & x16_1: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCIe x16_3: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz Increments
SPP to MCP Ref Clock: 200MHz to 500MHz in 1MHz Increments
CPU Core: 0.5125v to 2.0v in 0.0125v increments
CPU FSB: 1.2v to 1.55v in 0.05v increments
Memory: 1.5v to 2.275v in 0.025v Increments
nForce SPP: 1.3v to 1.55v in 0.05v increments
nForce MCP: 1.5v to 1.75v in 0.05v increments
GLTVRef Lane 0: -155mV to +155mV in 0.05mv increments
GLTVRef Lane 1: -155mV to +155mV in 0.05mv increments
GLTVRef Lane 2: -155mV to +155mV in 0.05mv increments
GLTVRef Lane 3: -155mV to +155mV in 0.05mv increments
With all the overclocking options in the BIOS available to us, we managed to hit a healthy 558MHz FSB which is a mere 2MHz higher than our ZOTAC motherboard. So, nothing exceptional here; we had to tweak all the voltages to get this speed out of the system, so it's running as high as it could do. Even with more time we doubt we would see much if any increase from the FSB on this board.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung reveals the Galaxy Note8 launch date
- LG Launches Q8, mini version of the V20
- Blizzard killing support for WinXP, Vista this October
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem mobile game rakes in $114 million
- New leak shows iPhone 8's fingerprint reader on the back
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4