When it comes to the BIOS, XFX has gone the exact same design, look and features as the ZOTAC board; no surprises here as they are both direct reference designs.
FSB (QDR): 400 - 2800 in 1MHz Increments
Mem (DDR): 400 - 2500 in 1MHz Increments
PCIe x16_1 & x16_1: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCIe x16_3: 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz Increments
SPP to MCP Ref Clock: 200MHz to 500MHz in 1MHz Increments
CPU Core: 0.5125v to 2.0v in 0.0125v increments
CPU FSB: 1.2v to 1.55v in 0.05v increments
Memory: 1.5v to 2.275v in 0.025v Increments
nForce SPP: 1.3v to 1.55v in 0.05v increments
nForce MCP: 1.5v to 1.75v in 0.05v increments
GLTVRef Lane 0: -155mV to +155mV in 0.05mv increments
GLTVRef Lane 1: -155mV to +155mV in 0.05mv increments
GLTVRef Lane 2: -155mV to +155mV in 0.05mv increments
GLTVRef Lane 3: -155mV to +155mV in 0.05mv increments
With all the overclocking options in the BIOS available to us, we managed to hit a healthy 558MHz FSB which is a mere 2MHz higher than our ZOTAC motherboard. So, nothing exceptional here; we had to tweak all the voltages to get this speed out of the system, so it's running as high as it could do. Even with more time we doubt we would see much if any increase from the FSB on this board.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Is Capcom unsure about Nintendo Switch?
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 unveiled: Big screen, 5,300 mAh battery
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017