Cooling, cooling and more cooling. The PP303X PSU offers some good cooling in it's own right. The large fan on it is a multiple speed job that adjusts itself to the temperature. If the system is idling, the fan slows down automatically. If the system gets hotter, it speeds up.
The case also comes standard with two 80mm fans that blow hot air out the back of the case. Add to that the two built in housings for additional 80mm fans on the front of the case, and you've got yourself a lot of added airflow without the trouble of building places to mount them, or without having to cut blowholes in the case. One thing that I was extremely impressed with was that one of the mountings for a fan on the front of the case blows cool outside air right into the drive bay that houses the hard drive. Hard drives create a lot of heat (especially the newer 7,200 and 10,000 rpm models). Having a fan blowing right over them really makes a difference in case temperatures. The fan mounts on the front are also built lower in the system so that you can get the desired airflow from the lower front to the upper rear of the case. This has been shown to create the best and most desirable airflow for heat dissipation.
Another very nice feature of the case is the removable 3.5" drive bay housings. There are two of these housings within the SX1030, each capable of holding two devices. The case was designed as a server case, so that's the main reason for so much storage space. It works our great for those who use systems with a RAID array. It will comfortably hold up to four hard drives; which will make for some awesome specs on your "Power Toy".
The company took a little time to make this case. All edges are neatly folded over and there are no sharp edges to cut yourself on. This comes in very handy when you're having to root around inside the case to add that newest upgrade. it's just another nice touch to a very good case.
There is a front panel on this case that allows you to hide away your accessible drives. The door is also lockable, so you can keep those little snoopers out of your business. Now, they won't stop anyone who is really determined to break into the unit, but it is enough of a detriment where most people won't want to bother being nosey when they see it. Why is it there? Remember this case was designed to run a small server. But if you decide that it's more a nuisance than anything else, then just remove it. I don't ever lock mine (it's a home system after all), but I've found that I love the closing door because it keeps my little daughter out of the CD areas. I think that it would crush me to open up my burner and find a part of her lunch neatly tucked away in there. Out of sight out of mind.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel