When my system first started out it's life; it was a low-end model from CTX. It was a mid-tower unit that housed a blazingly fast Pentium II 233MHz processor and a whopping 32MB of RAM. It was a decent computer for it's day, but that was before I started realizing how much fun you can have by playing with these machines.
When I realized that more power could be gained by overclocking, I was right there. With overclocking, however, came a lot of extra heat. I started installing some fans to the old case, but that just didn't cut it. Especially when I finally made the plunge and started using the AMD Thunderbird processors. With the heat that these chips produce, I was unable to keep the mid-tower case cool enough.
After doing a bit of research, I decided on an Antec SX1030 case. I chose the case for a number of reasons
1 - it's a tower case but not so tall that it can't be placed under a desk.
2 - It offers as standard equipment the PP303X 300w Power Supply Unit. This unit is consistently being rated in AMD's certified list of PSU's.
3 - It offers some very good cooling options without having to perform case mods.
SOHO File Server
20.6"(H) x8.1"(W) x18.6"(D)
4x 5.25" ; 2x 3.5"
4x 80mm Fans
1 Front (Optional)
2 Rear (Standard)
1 HDD Bay (Optional)
Up to 12" (W) x 13" (L) - 305mm x 330mm
Power Supply Unit
PP303X 300w unit
Fits any standard ATX and Xeon
Swing out side panel with handle
Quick release drive bays
Snap in fan mounts
Large front panel vent
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD drops price on Radeon RX 460, RX 470 graphics cards
- Google's new Pixel is easy to repair, even the screen
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook