When my system first started out it's life; it was a low-end model from CTX. It was a mid-tower unit that housed a blazingly fast Pentium II 233MHz processor and a whopping 32MB of RAM. It was a decent computer for it's day, but that was before I started realizing how much fun you can have by playing with these machines.
When I realized that more power could be gained by overclocking, I was right there. With overclocking, however, came a lot of extra heat. I started installing some fans to the old case, but that just didn't cut it. Especially when I finally made the plunge and started using the AMD Thunderbird processors. With the heat that these chips produce, I was unable to keep the mid-tower case cool enough.
After doing a bit of research, I decided on an Antec SX1030 case. I chose the case for a number of reasons
1 - it's a tower case but not so tall that it can't be placed under a desk.
2 - It offers as standard equipment the PP303X 300w Power Supply Unit. This unit is consistently being rated in AMD's certified list of PSU's.
3 - It offers some very good cooling options without having to perform case mods.
SOHO File Server
20.6"(H) x8.1"(W) x18.6"(D)
4x 5.25" ; 2x 3.5"
4x 80mm Fans
1 Front (Optional)
2 Rear (Standard)
1 HDD Bay (Optional)
Up to 12" (W) x 13" (L) - 305mm x 330mm
Power Supply Unit
PP303X 300w unit
Fits any standard ATX and Xeon
Swing out side panel with handle
Quick release drive bays
Snap in fan mounts
Large front panel vent
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Law student caught trying to hack and change his marks for the better
- Black Friday, $500 off Eurocom laptop with Desktop i7 CPU and GTX 980
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader