When my system first started out it's life; it was a low-end model from CTX. It was a mid-tower unit that housed a blazingly fast Pentium II 233MHz processor and a whopping 32MB of RAM. It was a decent computer for it's day, but that was before I started realizing how much fun you can have by playing with these machines.
When I realized that more power could be gained by overclocking, I was right there. With overclocking, however, came a lot of extra heat. I started installing some fans to the old case, but that just didn't cut it. Especially when I finally made the plunge and started using the AMD Thunderbird processors. With the heat that these chips produce, I was unable to keep the mid-tower case cool enough.
After doing a bit of research, I decided on an Antec SX1030 case. I chose the case for a number of reasons
1 - it's a tower case but not so tall that it can't be placed under a desk.
2 - It offers as standard equipment the PP303X 300w Power Supply Unit. This unit is consistently being rated in AMD's certified list of PSU's.
3 - It offers some very good cooling options without having to perform case mods.
SOHO File Server
20.6"(H) x8.1"(W) x18.6"(D)
4x 5.25" ; 2x 3.5"
4x 80mm Fans
1 Front (Optional)
2 Rear (Standard)
1 HDD Bay (Optional)
Up to 12" (W) x 13" (L) - 305mm x 330mm
Power Supply Unit
PP303X 300w unit
Fits any standard ATX and Xeon
Swing out side panel with handle
Quick release drive bays
Snap in fan mounts
Large front panel vent
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti