When my system first started out it's life; it was a low-end model from CTX. It was a mid-tower unit that housed a blazingly fast Pentium II 233MHz processor and a whopping 32MB of RAM. It was a decent computer for it's day, but that was before I started realizing how much fun you can have by playing with these machines.
When I realized that more power could be gained by overclocking, I was right there. With overclocking, however, came a lot of extra heat. I started installing some fans to the old case, but that just didn't cut it. Especially when I finally made the plunge and started using the AMD Thunderbird processors. With the heat that these chips produce, I was unable to keep the mid-tower case cool enough.
After doing a bit of research, I decided on an Antec SX1030 case. I chose the case for a number of reasons
1 - it's a tower case but not so tall that it can't be placed under a desk.
2 - It offers as standard equipment the PP303X 300w Power Supply Unit. This unit is consistently being rated in AMD's certified list of PSU's.
3 - It offers some very good cooling options without having to perform case mods.
SOHO File Server
20.6"(H) x8.1"(W) x18.6"(D)
4x 5.25" ; 2x 3.5"
4x 80mm Fans
1 Front (Optional)
2 Rear (Standard)
1 HDD Bay (Optional)
Up to 12" (W) x 13" (L) - 305mm x 330mm
Power Supply Unit
PP303X 300w unit
Fits any standard ATX and Xeon
Swing out side panel with handle
Quick release drive bays
Snap in fan mounts
Large front panel vent
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- AMD's new Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T @ 4GHz for $499
- AMD's new Ryzen CPU hits 52% IPC improvement
- Radeon Vega logo teased during AMD Ryzen press event
- AMD Introduces Ryzen CPUs
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood
- New Final Fantasy XV content including 'booster pack+' release and NieR: Automata collaboration now available