HD Tune Pro - Write Tests
As with the Read Test, the Areca controller gives us a difficult time with the max and burst speeds since the controller has a cache module installed. Looking at the average and minimum speeds, we see that the MasterDrive MX is a little slower than the Samsung SATA-II on write speed.
The small dip in performance that accounted for the minimum speed really hurt the average score. Starting at the 19 MB mark and continuing through to the 28 MB mark you can see the dip. The bad thing is that it happens four times in the drives write cycle. The Super Talent MasterDrive MX uses MLC, a memory type known to have slower write cycles than SLC, the memory that the Samsung SATA-II drives uses. More on this in the conclusion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Super Talent MasterDrive MX]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Read]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Write]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives