HD Tune Pro - Write Tests
As with the Read Test, the Areca controller gives us a difficult time with the max and burst speeds since the controller has a cache module installed. Looking at the average and minimum speeds, we see that the MasterDrive MX is a little slower than the Samsung SATA-II on write speed.
The small dip in performance that accounted for the minimum speed really hurt the average score. Starting at the 19 MB mark and continuing through to the 28 MB mark you can see the dip. The bad thing is that it happens four times in the drives write cycle. The Super Talent MasterDrive MX uses MLC, a memory type known to have slower write cycles than SLC, the memory that the Samsung SATA-II drives uses. More on this in the conclusion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Super Talent MasterDrive MX]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Read]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Write]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook rolls out Halloween themed masks in Live videos
- Just in time for Halloween: NASA discovers pumpkin stars
- Facebook turns reactions into Halloween themed symbols
- New Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter game out now
- NASA provides further details of the ESA's lander crash
- Booting Ubuntu from USB on Asus.
- Booting Problem
- AsRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ DDR3 no POST.
- CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology (October 2016)
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications