HD Tune Pro - Write Tests
As with the Read Test, the Areca controller gives us a difficult time with the max and burst speeds since the controller has a cache module installed. Looking at the average and minimum speeds, we see that the MasterDrive MX is a little slower than the Samsung SATA-II on write speed.
The small dip in performance that accounted for the minimum speed really hurt the average score. Starting at the 19 MB mark and continuing through to the 28 MB mark you can see the dip. The bad thing is that it happens four times in the drives write cycle. The Super Talent MasterDrive MX uses MLC, a memory type known to have slower write cycles than SLC, the memory that the Samsung SATA-II drives uses. More on this in the conclusion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Super Talent MasterDrive MX]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Read]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Write]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1's dynamic weather more than just a gimmick
- Pioneer the next AI breakthrough with machine learning
- Google to punish mobile sites with intrusive advertising
- Battlefield 1 Premium includes just four expansions
- 3 apps all PC owners need to protect their data
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Is Bigger Always Better?
- Are LianLi case fans any good?
- GAMDIAS Hermes RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Really hot idle temps on X99 Extreme 4/3.1
- Trouble with upgrading RAM GA-H55M-S2V
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller
- Cooler Master announces the MasterMouse Pro L