As we stated in our OCZ Flex-II memory review, DDR2 isn't going anywhere for some time yet. Yes, Intel has plans to remove it from their lineup of chipsets, P45 being the last to support it, but AMD still has the AM2 and AM2+ CPUs that can't change memory. AMD requires a whole new CPU to switch to DDR3.
To this end, DDR2 will remain on the market for quite some time, and the amount that is being produced to this day will keep the prices down compared to DDR3 for some time as well.
For Aeneon's part in the whole affair, the XTune DDR2-1142 memory kit has been an exceptional piece of kit. Not only did it manage to hit its specified speeds (some won't, even on the best overclocking motherboards out there), we managed to just slink past it without any voltage tweaks, making it a remarkable feat for DDR2. One thing is a bit of a pain, however; we couldn't find anywhere to buy it in Australia, or on any major U.S. site for that matter, making it hard to come by.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break is exclusive to the Windows Store, won't reach Steam
- The PC Gaming Show is coming back, will take place during E3 2016
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- Just want to say Hi.
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives