As we stated in our OCZ Flex-II memory review, DDR2 isn't going anywhere for some time yet. Yes, Intel has plans to remove it from their lineup of chipsets, P45 being the last to support it, but AMD still has the AM2 and AM2+ CPUs that can't change memory. AMD requires a whole new CPU to switch to DDR3.
To this end, DDR2 will remain on the market for quite some time, and the amount that is being produced to this day will keep the prices down compared to DDR3 for some time as well.
For Aeneon's part in the whole affair, the XTune DDR2-1142 memory kit has been an exceptional piece of kit. Not only did it manage to hit its specified speeds (some won't, even on the best overclocking motherboards out there), we managed to just slink past it without any voltage tweaks, making it a remarkable feat for DDR2. One thing is a bit of a pain, however; we couldn't find anywhere to buy it in Australia, or on any major U.S. site for that matter, making it hard to come by.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Western Digital reveals new 12TB Helium He12 hard drives
- Tech companies team up to create Global VR Association
- Final Fantasy XV to get free major content updates
- Final Fantasy XV reportedly coming to PC in 2018
- Faraday Future unveils its first electric car next month
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel