As we stated in our OCZ Flex-II memory review, DDR2 isn't going anywhere for some time yet. Yes, Intel has plans to remove it from their lineup of chipsets, P45 being the last to support it, but AMD still has the AM2 and AM2+ CPUs that can't change memory. AMD requires a whole new CPU to switch to DDR3.
To this end, DDR2 will remain on the market for quite some time, and the amount that is being produced to this day will keep the prices down compared to DDR3 for some time as well.
For Aeneon's part in the whole affair, the XTune DDR2-1142 memory kit has been an exceptional piece of kit. Not only did it manage to hit its specified speeds (some won't, even on the best overclocking motherboards out there), we managed to just slink past it without any voltage tweaks, making it a remarkable feat for DDR2. One thing is a bit of a pain, however; we couldn't find anywhere to buy it in Australia, or on any major U.S. site for that matter, making it hard to come by.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99