Aeneon hasn't bothered with extremely flashy packages, keeping it as simple as possible. The modules are encased in a plastic protective blister pack; a lot of us know this package and the 'hand buster' where we use a knife to cut it open and have a tendency to slip and cut our own hands. I still have a nice scar from opening one of these packs. I recommend scissors!
There's no need for any pictures as you can clearly see through the pack to get a good gander at the modules.
The kit sent to us is the DDR2-1142MHz overclocked pack with 2x1GB modules for a total of 2GB in Dual Channel; ideal for both Intel and AMD. These modules aren't rated for Phenom's 1066MHz memory controller, but that shouldn't stop it from working with a bit of a boost in memory voltage. The modules come equipped with a black alloy heatspreader on both sides of the module, with the XTune logo on one side and the Aeneon name on both.
On the back side (or front, depending on how the modules end up facing in your motherboard) there is a sticker on it with some info including the size of each module, speed rating, and the CAS latency that the modules run. This kit is designed to run at CL5.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99