The Package and Memory Modules
First off, we start with the package that OCZ ships out the modules in. Compared to most modules we have received, the package is rather large; it's pretty well all white with a Flex-II logo on the front and a graphic of the memory module.
While we like to see colour photos, this is one better; the front flap on the box opens up to show the modules in all their glory behind a plastic blister, so you get to see exactly what you're buying. On the inside flap there is a demo of how the water cooling system works to keep the memory cool.
A small pamphlet is included that helps you install the water cooling aspect of the system with full detailed instructions.
Depending on what size tubing your water cooler is using, OCZ has your covered with 1/2 inch and 3/8 inch converters that feed the memory water as well as carry it back to the cooling circuit.
Moving along, we unpack the modules from the blister. One thing was evident upon first handling these babies; the water jacket is extremely heavy..
If you're not into water cooling, you don't have to use it. You can use them with air cooling as well. Of course, this method isn't as effective as making use of the water cooling system.
Each module has on one side the OCZ logo sticker along with the speed rating (PC2-9200 for these modules) and the timings that the modules are meant to run. The kit we received was 4GB (2x2GB modules for Dual Channel) with timings of 5-5-5 at a voltage maximum of 2.1v.
The Flex-II series changes how the water is delivered to the system. On the first generation of Flex XLC modules, there was a single 3/8 inch barb at each end. The Series II has 2 1/4 barbs at each end; one barb passes water through one side of the jacket while the other passes water through the other side, making for a more balanced cooling option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November update downloads
- Sony's PlayStation 4 dominates sales charts with 30.2 million sales
- Halo PC is finally happening, and Microsoft has nothing to do with it
- I am the new guy
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS
- Cherry Announces MW 2310, MW 2110, and MC 2000 Mice
- Phanteks Announces Power Splitter with Patented Isolated Dual System Technology
- QPAD's latest mouse launches world premier at Dreamhack
- Noctua Introduces 24V IndustrialPPC Fans