The Samsung MCBQE32G5MPP-0VA00 isn't as fast as the MemoRight GT drives we looked at last month, but with a cost saving of roughly 300 Dollars per drive, we can easily forget about the 20 or so MB/second. After a quick scan of DVNation.com's current inventory, I found that the Samsung SATA-II is one of the lowest priced 32GB 2.5 inch drives they sell.
Don't let the price fool you, the Samsung SATA-II SSD is a real performer and the construction quality is top notch. I have yet to find a Seagate Cheetah or Western Digital Raptor that comes close to the build quality (or for that matter, the performance) of these little Solid-State Drives.
Mixing the RAID aspect into the equation and we have a pro users dream. Picture, Audio and Video software users are going to find the new Samsung SATA-II SSDs just what software needs to come alive, maximizing usability and productivity.
As you can imagine, we are still not quite there for average users or budget enthusiasts, but the Samsung MCBQE32G5MPP-0VA00 is one-step closer. I predict that in a year it will be like picking a Raptor over a 1TB drive now, but with more performance going towards the Solid-State Drives.
I want to thank Jason at DVNation.com for supplying us with four of these Samsung SATA-II drives and the Areca ARC-1231ML SATA/SAS PCI-E RAID controller. DVNation.com specializes in Solid-State Drives and even offers desktops and notebooks pre-configured for their use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Samsung MCBQE32G5MPP-0VA00]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Read]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Everest - Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Real World Applications]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- Photo of the glass panels for the Galaxy S8 leaked
- Model S P100D runs 0-100 in 2.3 sec with latest update
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni