The Samsung MCBQE32G5MPP-0VA00 isn't as fast as the MemoRight GT drives we looked at last month, but with a cost saving of roughly 300 Dollars per drive, we can easily forget about the 20 or so MB/second. After a quick scan of DVNation.com's current inventory, I found that the Samsung SATA-II is one of the lowest priced 32GB 2.5 inch drives they sell.
Don't let the price fool you, the Samsung SATA-II SSD is a real performer and the construction quality is top notch. I have yet to find a Seagate Cheetah or Western Digital Raptor that comes close to the build quality (or for that matter, the performance) of these little Solid-State Drives.
Mixing the RAID aspect into the equation and we have a pro users dream. Picture, Audio and Video software users are going to find the new Samsung SATA-II SSDs just what software needs to come alive, maximizing usability and productivity.
As you can imagine, we are still not quite there for average users or budget enthusiasts, but the Samsung MCBQE32G5MPP-0VA00 is one-step closer. I predict that in a year it will be like picking a Raptor over a 1TB drive now, but with more performance going towards the Solid-State Drives.
I want to thank Jason at DVNation.com for supplying us with four of these Samsung SATA-II drives and the Areca ARC-1231ML SATA/SAS PCI-E RAID controller. DVNation.com specializes in Solid-State Drives and even offers desktops and notebooks pre-configured for their use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Samsung MCBQE32G5MPP-0VA00]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Read]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Everest - Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Real World Applications]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- How the PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio are frustrating and confusing gamers
- Nintendo explains why its so secretive about the NX console
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines