When it comes to testing something like this, the results are entirely speculative. When I viewed movies I looked for any stuttering in either video or audio from all supported sources, and also compared the visual quality to another LCD display on the PC to see if the quality showed any signs of degradation. I also took a look at the quality from the upconverting of media content to see if there was a difference.
That said, I will say right up front that I was very impressed with the output quality. Upconversion did improve video quality giving it a crisper appearance that enhanced the viewing pleasure of the content. While I am going to include some photographs of the output, I will remind viewers that the camera will always pick up small details that the human eye will not notice. At no time during the viewing of content did I see any blocks or large pixels during playback, but the photo will often pick up these features due to the extended time that the shutter remains open. This is a fact of life, so I thought it best to bring this out at the beginning.
The movie these photos were taken from was the new release of The Andromeda Strain, a two-part miniseries that was released by A&E not too long ago. The video file is a standard definition version and the 780HD was set to display this at a resolution of 1080i with upconversion taking place due to the use of the HDMI connectivity. The movie was being played from the internal hard drive, but I did not see any differences when streaming it from both wired and wireless network setups.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now