Even though SilenX is coming from a Chinese ODM manufacturer, SilenX is doing a good job making the design their own by attaching an attractive top and including a high quality fan. The fin design allowing the use of two fans is also a nice feature for those looking to push their CPU with overclocking.
The cost is the only drawback for the IXC-120HA2. At nearly 60 US Dollars, it costs more than double the ZEROtherm Zen FZ120; our current price/performance leader. The IXC-120HA2 does perform better, but you are going to pay a premium for it.
Now that we have tested two direct contact CPU coolers, it is clear that the first test was more than a fluke and that this technology will give a CPU cooler an instant performance boost. I am sure that direct contact coolers will eventually become as common as heatpipe coolers. SilenX got in on the ground floor and will no doubt continue to be a leader evolving the technology, making them a company to keep an eye on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator 2' 3D cinema re-release set for Judgment Day
- Microsoft shipping HoloLens 2, directly into HoloLens 3
- Xbox boss: Microsoft is making new PC exclusive games
- Nintendo Switch retail packaging wastes so much space
- Mass Effect: Andromeda's combat looks amazingly fun
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league