Deja vu; the cooler is neatly identical to the SBT CCF, only the fins appear to be different.
From the side the differences start to stand out, you can see the channel in the fins that allow for two fans to be installed, one on each side of the fins.
Here we see that the pipes go all of the way to the top of the coole,r but they don't protrude past the top fin.
From the top you can see that the top fin is also a cover for the heatpipes. In the past I heard from several case modders that they would love to get rid of unsightly heatpipes sticking out of the top of their coolers.
With the fan installed you can see that the fins do not stick out past the fan much. Also, the fan is a little unconventional; the fins protrude into the center circular hub to grab just a little bit more air.
The cooler uses the wire hanger method and SilenX includes enough hangers to mount two fans on the cooler.
Here we see the meat and potatoes of the cooler, the contact area. As you can see, heatpipes do not polish up well but our previous testing proved that it didn't matter too much for performance. I am still amazed at how flat the base actually is and the heatpipe to aluminium alignment.
The aluminium is there to secure the mounting mechanism to the cooler. From the factory it is setup for both Intel and AMD operation since the same bracket is used for both.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 beta will run for eight days
- Turn into a certified hacker with premium training
- Samsung begins shipping its Dolby Atmos soundbars
- PCIe 4.0 won't deliver 300W over the PCIe slot after all
- Ubisoft focuses on fixing The Division, delays DLC
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- Reeven Polariz RFC-04 Fan Controller Review
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller