Deja vu; the cooler is neatly identical to the SBT CCF, only the fins appear to be different.
From the side the differences start to stand out, you can see the channel in the fins that allow for two fans to be installed, one on each side of the fins.
Here we see that the pipes go all of the way to the top of the coole,r but they don't protrude past the top fin.
From the top you can see that the top fin is also a cover for the heatpipes. In the past I heard from several case modders that they would love to get rid of unsightly heatpipes sticking out of the top of their coolers.
With the fan installed you can see that the fins do not stick out past the fan much. Also, the fan is a little unconventional; the fins protrude into the center circular hub to grab just a little bit more air.
The cooler uses the wire hanger method and SilenX includes enough hangers to mount two fans on the cooler.
Here we see the meat and potatoes of the cooler, the contact area. As you can see, heatpipes do not polish up well but our previous testing proved that it didn't matter too much for performance. I am still amazed at how flat the base actually is and the heatpipe to aluminium alignment.
The aluminium is there to secure the mounting mechanism to the cooler. From the factory it is setup for both Intel and AMD operation since the same bracket is used for both.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Complaints to FCC over data caps rose nearly tenfold in 2015
- Zuckerberg says Facebook plans to 'lead the way' in VR with Oculus
- Xenoblade Chronicles now available on Wii U Virtual Console
- Ace the Agile Certification Exam With This $45 Training
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- 990fx motherboard with AMD 9370
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched