Deja vu; the cooler is neatly identical to the SBT CCF, only the fins appear to be different.
From the side the differences start to stand out, you can see the channel in the fins that allow for two fans to be installed, one on each side of the fins.
Here we see that the pipes go all of the way to the top of the coole,r but they don't protrude past the top fin.
From the top you can see that the top fin is also a cover for the heatpipes. In the past I heard from several case modders that they would love to get rid of unsightly heatpipes sticking out of the top of their coolers.
With the fan installed you can see that the fins do not stick out past the fan much. Also, the fan is a little unconventional; the fins protrude into the center circular hub to grab just a little bit more air.
The cooler uses the wire hanger method and SilenX includes enough hangers to mount two fans on the cooler.
Here we see the meat and potatoes of the cooler, the contact area. As you can see, heatpipes do not polish up well but our previous testing proved that it didn't matter too much for performance. I am still amazed at how flat the base actually is and the heatpipe to aluminium alignment.
The aluminium is there to secure the mounting mechanism to the cooler. From the factory it is setup for both Intel and AMD operation since the same bracket is used for both.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple buys company responsible for Star Wars motion-capture, Faceshift
- Reports claim Apple looks to OLED screens for 2018 phone release
- Google's Nest Cam never deactivates, claims researchers
- Take an Extra 15% Off All VPNs at TweakTown Deals
- Aussie Police crack down on phone use while driving
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS