Specifications, Availability and Pricing
All of the buzzwords are present in the specifications list for the heatsink and the fan. For the heatsink, we see a copper base and aluminum fins to dissipate heat. Not listed on the spec list is the four U shaped, oversized (8mm) heatpipes that contact the CPU directly.
The fan for the SilenX iXtrema IXC-120HA2 is 120mm and rated for 36 to 84 CFM at 900 to 1700 RPM. That is a pretty wide range for the volume of air being pushed by the iXtrema ICX-120A2 fan, and it will be interesting to see what happens on our decibel meter when cranked up to 12 volts. The fan does use Fluid Dynamic Bearings, a technology that is used to reduce acoustic levels while providing longer fan life.
After looking around quite a bit, I was finally able to find the cooler for sale at Acousticpc.com for 59.95. SilenX has several retail and e-tail companies that sell their products and the IXC-120HA2 is relatively new so I am sure it will not be long before their larger partners like Fry's, Newegg and Micro Center start carrying the newly released product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Batman VR is finalised but Rocksteady wants to move on
- Pasadena, California to tax streaming services
- New scoop on latest Destiny DLC 'Days of Iron' amour
- Boost your resume with two in-demand tech certifications
- Nintendo NX handheld hybrid GPU CPU upgrade attachment
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now