Inside the Box Continued
Thanks to using the nForce 790i chipset, the board supports standard SLI, 3-Way SLI and Quad SLI. To that end, there are two SLI bridge connectors. If you're going to use a standard two card SLI setup, you just use the small bridge. For Quad SLI you need two 9800GX2 cards and use the same bridge chip. In order for 3-Way SLI, you need three 8800GTX cards or 9800GTX cards and use of the large bridge chip.
Wireless networking is a big thing these days; desktops usually miss out on this. However, ZOTAC has thought of this and includes a USB based PCI cover plate unit that gives the board 802.11g Wireless Ethernet thanks to a VIA USB chip.
ZOTAC gives you an extra user manual and driver CD for the wireless system; in the manual it gives you the option to run Ad-hoc, AP or client mode.
Lastly on the list is a cooling fan. NVIDIA states that if you plan to run the board with either liquid or phase change cooling, or you plan to overclock the board, you must install this fan to the Northbridge heatsink. The 790i is an extreme heat generator chipset like the X48 chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [Inside the Box Continued]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 14 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design