Package and Contents
ZOTAC is one of the new companies to come onboard at TweakTown to send us samples for testing, and from our first impressions we are pretty happy. The box that the board comes shipped in is of a large variety like the ones the ASUS ROG boards or the GIGABYTE DQ6 boards come in. The colour scheme is a gold and black coloured box with a bit of marketing info on the front.
On the back of the box ZOTAC has followed the market trend of adding a large colour photo. We also find on the back that there is information on how to setup SLI and 3-way SLI, and what hardware you're going to need to do so.
ZOTAC has put a bit into its software and utility manuals. In total you get two manuals, a standard full book user manual and a fold-out pamphlet that gives you quick install instructions with header locations and pin-outs. This allows you to get the board in the case without having to go through the main manual.
The DVD included contains both Windows XP and Windows Vista drivers for both 32-bit and 64-bit OS's. There is also a case sticker that is more for eye candy than any practical purpose; but hey, it's nice to have some dress-up material for your PC these days.
Moving along to the accessories that are included in the box. Firstly, we have our data cables. Four SATA data cables are included with locking tabs to prevent them slipping out of the onboard motherboard SATA ports and the drive itself. One IDE cable that supports two drives and a FDD cable that supports one drive make up the data transfer cables.
If your PSU doesn't have enough native SATA power connectors, ZOTAC give you four Molex to SATA power converters, so all you need is four spare Molex connectors and you're set; though most new PSUs have at least two, if not four natively.
To expand on the additional features on the board, you get a total of three extra PCI cover brackets. Two of them have two USB ports, giving you four extra USB 2.0 ports. If your case has front USB ports, you have to give up one of these brackets to run them. Next is a single 6-pin FireWire-A port. Again, if you have a front FireWire port, this bracket becomes redundant.
Because the boards I/O ports are laid out completely different to any others on the market, an I/O shield is included for your ATX case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [Inside the Box Continued]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 14 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape from Tarkov looks like one of the best games ever
- Nintendo releases Special Edition: Lime Green 3DS XL
- Iron Tides is a Final Fantasy Tactics Viking roguelite
- The Last Guardian goes gold after 9 years in development
- Bethesda throws a massive game sale on Steam
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook