All right then. Now that we've been formally introduced to this board and can see what it has to offer, let's take a look at how well it performs. The test system consists of:
AMD Thunderbird 1000 @ 1333MHz (AVIA)
512MB Crucial PC2100 DDR
Western Digital 20GB Caviar Hard Drive
I used Windows XP Professional as the OS, and had updated drivers for both the board chipset and the video card. For testing, I used SiSoft Sandra 2001te, Quake III Arena, and MadOnion's 3dMark2001. For comparison sake, I also ran the same tests on an EPoX 8KHA+ board so that we could see how it fares against one of the leaders in the class. Also of note is that both motherboards were tested on a fresh install of Windows without tweaks to the system. We're going for overall board performance, so tweaks were not allowed.
- SiSoft Sandra CPU Benchmark
- SiSoft Sandra Multimedia Benchmark
- SiSoft Sandra Memory Benchmark
- 3dMark 2001 (Default Settings)
- Quake III Arena (Demo 001)
As we can see from the tests run, the Gigabyte board came solidly in second place on every test used. But if we take into consideration the fact that the EPoX board is one of the best currently available, then we can focus on the fact that the numbers were still far above the figures that are put out by competing chipsets.
I would also like to point out that I have used a lot of motherboards and the stability of this one is truly superb. I tried nearly every trick in the book and couldn't get a hardware induced crash at all. The closest that I got was an nVidia loop when running certain drivers and the 3dMark2001 benchmark, but this is already being attributed to driver incompatibilities and not hardware problems. It's a very pleasant change of pace to have a relatively new chipset and not have a whole slew of problems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications