All right then. Now that we've been formally introduced to this board and can see what it has to offer, let's take a look at how well it performs. The test system consists of:
AMD Thunderbird 1000 @ 1333MHz (AVIA)
512MB Crucial PC2100 DDR
Western Digital 20GB Caviar Hard Drive
I used Windows XP Professional as the OS, and had updated drivers for both the board chipset and the video card. For testing, I used SiSoft Sandra 2001te, Quake III Arena, and MadOnion's 3dMark2001. For comparison sake, I also ran the same tests on an EPoX 8KHA+ board so that we could see how it fares against one of the leaders in the class. Also of note is that both motherboards were tested on a fresh install of Windows without tweaks to the system. We're going for overall board performance, so tweaks were not allowed.
- SiSoft Sandra CPU Benchmark
- SiSoft Sandra Multimedia Benchmark
- SiSoft Sandra Memory Benchmark
- 3dMark 2001 (Default Settings)
- Quake III Arena (Demo 001)
As we can see from the tests run, the Gigabyte board came solidly in second place on every test used. But if we take into consideration the fact that the EPoX board is one of the best currently available, then we can focus on the fact that the numbers were still far above the figures that are put out by competing chipsets.
I would also like to point out that I have used a lot of motherboards and the stability of this one is truly superb. I tried nearly every trick in the book and couldn't get a hardware induced crash at all. The closest that I got was an nVidia loop when running certain drivers and the 3dMark2001 benchmark, but this is already being attributed to driver incompatibilities and not hardware problems. It's a very pleasant change of pace to have a relatively new chipset and not have a whole slew of problems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter Nintendo Direct incoming
- AMD drops price on Radeon RX 460, RX 470 graphics cards
- Google's new Pixel is easy to repair, even the screen
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook