All right then. Now that we've been formally introduced to this board and can see what it has to offer, let's take a look at how well it performs. The test system consists of:
AMD Thunderbird 1000 @ 1333MHz (AVIA)
512MB Crucial PC2100 DDR
Western Digital 20GB Caviar Hard Drive
I used Windows XP Professional as the OS, and had updated drivers for both the board chipset and the video card. For testing, I used SiSoft Sandra 2001te, Quake III Arena, and MadOnion's 3dMark2001. For comparison sake, I also ran the same tests on an EPoX 8KHA+ board so that we could see how it fares against one of the leaders in the class. Also of note is that both motherboards were tested on a fresh install of Windows without tweaks to the system. We're going for overall board performance, so tweaks were not allowed.
- SiSoft Sandra CPU Benchmark
- SiSoft Sandra Multimedia Benchmark
- SiSoft Sandra Memory Benchmark
- 3dMark 2001 (Default Settings)
- Quake III Arena (Demo 001)
As we can see from the tests run, the Gigabyte board came solidly in second place on every test used. But if we take into consideration the fact that the EPoX board is one of the best currently available, then we can focus on the fact that the numbers were still far above the figures that are put out by competing chipsets.
I would also like to point out that I have used a lot of motherboards and the stability of this one is truly superb. I tried nearly every trick in the book and couldn't get a hardware induced crash at all. The closest that I got was an nVidia loop when running certain drivers and the 3dMark2001 benchmark, but this is already being attributed to driver incompatibilities and not hardware problems. It's a very pleasant change of pace to have a relatively new chipset and not have a whole slew of problems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Ubisoft promises Rainbow Six: Siege will be fixed before it launches
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis