With good temperatures, quiet operation and the ability to cool secondary components, the Thermaltake DuOrb is a good CPU cooler for those looking to overclock a dual-core processor to respectable levels. Quad-Core processors can also overclock with this cooler, but to a lesser extent. Don't get me wrong, the DuOrb is a performer, but we have seen a couple of other coolers in this price range, around 65 US Dollars that can perform better. The sheer mass of the cooler does allow temperatures to stay consistent at idle and full load; a big plus for overclockers.
The dual 80mm fans are quiet for an enthusiast class cooler. I would have liked to have seen the fans scale a little higher in terms of RPM. This would allow the cooler to move into the outrageous cooling class, but this would have increased the acoustic footprint and put more load on the motherboards built in power circuitry.
Aside from good cooling, the DuOrb will look good with the DuOrb VGA cooler and it is easy for me to recommend both products if you are running a system with a clear case side. Both DuOrb products really complement each other in both looks and performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- Phanteks EVOLV MATX Micro-Tower Chassis Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti