With good temperatures, quiet operation and the ability to cool secondary components, the Thermaltake DuOrb is a good CPU cooler for those looking to overclock a dual-core processor to respectable levels. Quad-Core processors can also overclock with this cooler, but to a lesser extent. Don't get me wrong, the DuOrb is a performer, but we have seen a couple of other coolers in this price range, around 65 US Dollars that can perform better. The sheer mass of the cooler does allow temperatures to stay consistent at idle and full load; a big plus for overclockers.
The dual 80mm fans are quiet for an enthusiast class cooler. I would have liked to have seen the fans scale a little higher in terms of RPM. This would allow the cooler to move into the outrageous cooling class, but this would have increased the acoustic footprint and put more load on the motherboards built in power circuitry.
Aside from good cooling, the DuOrb will look good with the DuOrb VGA cooler and it is easy for me to recommend both products if you are running a system with a clear case side. Both DuOrb products really complement each other in both looks and performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Corsair launches Bulldog SFF chassis and Lapdog mechanical keyboards
- G.Skill's TridentZ DDR4 RAM overclocked to an insane 5GHz
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards