Processor: AMD Phenom X4 9850 @ 2.5GHz (Supplied by AMD)
Memory: 2x 1GB DDR2-1186 Geil (Supplied by Geil)
Hard Disk: 500GB Western Digital SE16 (Supplied by Wester Digital)
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce 8800GTS 640MB (Supplied by MSI)
Cooling: GIGABYTE Galaxy II (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Vista Ultimate SP1
Drivers: Forceware 175.16, ATI Catalyst
Today we have two separate test systems head-to-head. Our first is based on the AMD 780G chipset from ATI/AMD using our ASUS motherboard we used for the HTPC article. We then have our setup from NVIDIA using the ZOTAC board. We did tests using the IGP on both setups (Radeon HD3200 on the AMD 780G and GeForce 8300 on the MCP78) as well as tests using a GeForce 8800GTS 640MB graphics card to then determine the perfect setup.
When using the IGPs, we set the frame buffer to a manual size of 256MB of the system memory, rather than using Auto which can favour one setup over another.
EVEREST Ultimate Edition
Version and / or Patch Used: 2006
Developer Homepage: http://www.lavalys.com
Product Homepage: http://www.lavalys.com
EVEREST Ultimate Edition is an industry leading system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for enthusiasts PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. During system optimizations and tweaking it provides essential system and overclock information, advanced hardware monitoring and diagnostics capabilities to check the effects of the applied settings. CPU, FPU and memory benchmarks are available to measure the actual system performance and compare it to previous states or other systems.
First off, memory bandwidth. AMD's 780G chipset manages to use slightly less memory than the NVIDIA setup, but not enough to really make a difference. When swapping to the discrete GPU system, the memory is identical thanks to the memory controller being moved off chipset and onto the CPU die.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'xXx 4' is a go, with Vin Diesel to return
- Major flaw found in Intel CPUs and HT, needs BIOS fix
- Apple talks about designing the touchscreen for iPhone
- Facebook pays up to $3 million per ep for original shows
- Intel's next-gen 6C/12T: competes with AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller