While we've had a lot of Intel based motherboards here at TweakTown over the last couple of years, it's been a one horse show in terms of the power market. Intel has had its finger on the pulse of the end users, and its Core 2 architecture really has helped them get ahead. With the delays and troubles AMD has experienced trying to get its Phenom to market, Big Blue has managed to gain quite a market share back from the gamers that AMD stole from them during the Athlon 64 Vs. Pentium IV days.
While things aren't as Rosie for AMD now, Phenom is starting to finally make its way into the market. And with prices of a Phenom X4 9850, their top of the line CPU so far hitting an extremely affordable $270-280 AUD, quad-core processing is not out of the reach of every day users.
Though AMD themselves have an impressive chipset line-up for the Phenom, we can't forget one of the biggest supporters of AMD. In fact, they have helped AMD out something incredible. Starting back when the Athlon was a Socket A chip, nForce chipsets have been around to help boost the performance. NVIDIA are back again with GeForce based chipsets sporting IGP graphics.
Today we have our first board from ZOTAC, one of the many companies we met at Computex. They have sent us their GeForce 8300 based Micro-ATX offering aimed at the digital home segment. How well does it perform? Read on to find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now